13 August 2011

grocery shopping with raliegh


i decided to take off to the grocery store while spencer was in utah for a few short days.  i took spencer's bike because i've always wanted to know what it was like to ride off on the "raliegh" well, to put it simply, paradise!  his bike maybe weighs 5 pounds, while my "ground assault" huffy on the other hand weighs close to 40 pounds!  and the seat is ultra uncomfortable!  the raliegh has a nice squishy seat and brakes, those are two very important factors when biking in my humble opinion, right dad??  anywho, back to the original story, i got to the grocery store and shopped till my heart was content and nearly 100 bucks and about 10 grocery bags later i walked outside and realized that i had to bike all those groceries home by myself.  i manuvered the bike to the curb (it's a little too tall for me so i have to mount the bike from curbside) loaded about 5 grocery bags on each handle bar and right before taking off a very nice couple in their mid 50s drove up to me giggling at the sight asked if i needed a ride.  i too embarrassed to take them up on their offer declined and pushed forward yelling "thanks anyways!!" the next 2 miles home were pretty fun and lopsided, i looked like lloyd christmas swerving around town on my new ride!  the picture just doesn't do it justice.  but needless to say, i have now adopted "raliegh" and spencer has a new friend in all 40 pounds of the "ground assault"  xoxo

1 comment:

cody & allison said...

Lloyd was a great imagery I was thinking kevin from home alone when i saw the picture. Glad you made it home and too bad it took you all those months to figure out the greatness of the raleigh. I loved your dad reference brakes indeed he learned that lesson at a young age.