15 August 2011

the peace tree


spencer and i went on a little walk around sitka and we came across this little peace tree.  spencer had read about it earlier in the newspaper, a young girl in sitka folded a bunch of small oragami paper cranes and hung them in this tree to create, inspire, and give hope and peace to those suffering.  i thought it beautiful.  the cranes were either left blank perfectly white or had a quote or some encouraging words on them.  i loved how they drifted in the wind as we walked by, it really did create a peaceful feeling.  oh how we love this little town sitka.  xoxo.

3 comments:

jon and em said...

i really would love to visit sitka. i love this tree!

The Willeyes said...

Oh my goodness...I love these pictures, this idea and this tree! How awesome :) Miss you!

cody & allison said...

I first read this post at a stop light being honked at because the light turned green and I get the petal to the metal in time. I thought I need to share peace today as well and waved sorry and quickly drove on. Great pictures of a very cool place.